My lovely friend, Sandra, of What Sandra Thinks, posted some random questions and invited everyone to answer. I’m doing that and inviting anyone else to participate and link to me and/or Sandra’s page!
- Do you have a nickname? Yes, my whole life I’ve been known as Dee to family and good friends.
- Do you drink coffee?
Yes… pretty much every day. I never did until I got married and started making a pot for hubby. Now I usually have one or two cups a day.
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Mint chocolate chip, probably. At Baskin Robbins it was Jamocha Almond Fudge.
- Describe a happy childhood memory. Holidays were always the most fun. Christmas especially. Lots of kids, lots of food and the gorgeous decorations.
- What’s your favorite meal? Something seafood. Shrimp, crab, lobster. Which is so easy to find when you live in Illinois…
- Name something you cannot live without. Chocolate. Or my family. Well, probably chocolate!
- What color pants are you wearing? Dark blue jeans, but only cause it’s cool here today. Low 70s. But I wear jeans a lot. Or the middle aged woman uniform of capri pants and a tee-shirt in warm weather!
- Did you get good grades in school?
Yes… I was one of the good kids. Always did my homework, always studied. Honors classes. It was expected.
- Any phobias?
I’m not crazy about height and I used to panic driving over bridges. But I’ve gotten it more under control.
- Are you named after anyone? I don’t think so, but I have a younger cousin who has my middle name…
- Last time you cried and why? I’m not sure. I’m not a huge crier. It makes your eyes red and ruins your mascara!
- What color crayon would you be? Definitely the color of the sea. You know, anywhere from a blue to a green. Calming.
- What do you hear right now? The sounds of my fingers on the keyboard. I type really fast, BTW.
- What’s the last movie you watched? Wonder Woman at the theater.
- Do you believe in reincarnation? I don’t know that I believe, but it is hopeful. I believe there’s something after death.
- What do you think is your best physical feature? My eyes. Which are brown with green flecks. But not hazel.
- What is your favorite curse word? I don’t know that I have a favorite exactly, LOL. There are many that are good at different times!
- Have you ever skinny-dipped before? Probably not since I was two 🙂
- Do you talk to yourself? Sometimes. Or sometimes it just feels that way. (If you have kids or a spouse, you know what I mean!)
- Do you have a favorite tv show? There are a few I try not to miss. NCIS, Scorpion, maybe. But right now I’m into MLB and my Chicago Cubs.
My coffee companion on the patio one early morning in Maui, a very brave (read pushy) red-crested cardinal. As you can see, I feared for my Starbucks!
This species of bird is actually a songbird (Paroaria coronata), part of the family of tanagers and is native to parts of South America and now found in Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Despite the name, it’s not really related to true cardinals found in North America. But he’s very cute, isn’t he?
My DDIL took the photo and my info is from Wikipedia.
I don’t even know why this makes me laugh, but it does…
You can find the first part of Virtual Lover here.
They slept the sated sleep of lovers exhausted, entwined in each other. Even as one stretched and turned, the other moved, drawn like a magnet. The dance repeated until early morning light crept into the room and bright blue smiled into velvety brown. They reached for each other again and soft moans and hums of pleasure filled the early morning air.
Then once again exhaustion overtook and they slept until the tantalizing aroma of freshly brewed coffee crept through the house and once again icy blue smiled into warm brown. She closed her eyes briefly, planning just to relax another moment.
Then she felt the touch of butterfly wings above her right eye as he placed her coffee with just the right touch of cream on the night table and slowly and gently began kissing her awake…
She leaned back in her chair, savoring the warmth and richness of her cup of coffee and the scene she had just written.