I am relieved and just a little apprehensive that surgery has been scheduled for Tuesday, September 20. It has taken a little time to coordinate the doctors’ schedules and OR availability. It will be a right sided skin saving mastectomy followed by immediate reconstruction. I know, who looks forward to that? But I need to get this taken care of and I feel good about my choice.
I had another venous duplex ultrasound of the lower extremities yesterday and it’s clear of any clots. So I may not need the filter placed after all. The interventional radiologist will discuss the results with my hemotologist and they will come to a decision. There’s time to do an outpatient surgery before the 20th if they decide I need to have the filter.
And just an aside, both my breast surgeon and plastic surgeon are gorgeous! A little eye candy never hurts, right? 😉