I’ve been really remiss about keeping up with these lovely awards that some of my blogging friends have seen fit to bestow upon me. So I’ve decided to combine the most recent ones into one or two giant chunks of TMI (too much information) about me. I’m always happy to share. I talked about myself ad nauseam during the A to Z Challenge in April so you know I’m like an open book 😉
But rather than nominate other people, I’d just like to list some of my favorite blogs at the end and hope you check them out. Anyone who would like to participate and answer the questions, please feel free to do so… if you’re following my blog, consider yourself nominated!
The rules for this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Name seven things you love about yourself.
- Nominate and notify seven bloggers about this award.
- You can’t nominate the person who nominated you.
- Don’t forget to display the award in your post.
I was nominated for this award by the lovely Lennon Carlyle at Fabulous with Glitches. She is loads of fun, gorgeous and super nice. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you need to drop by, especially on Wednesday for her Hump Day posts. Hilarious!
I hope I can come up with seven things I love about myself. I think writers tend to be our own worst critics sometimes.
1) I like my sometimes odd sense of humor
2) I am a loyal friend
3) I am generous with my time and affection
4) I am all about compromise
5) I work to see the silver lining
6) I’m a good mediator
7) I’m pretty even keeled and go with the flow (when on my meds) 🙂
I was also recently nominated for the Sunshine Award by Robert at Levishedated. Today is Robert’s birthday and he has a very clever and witty blog, so please stop by to check it out and wish him Happy Birthday! Here are are his questions:
- Where in the world would you like to live for the next 6 months if money and responsibilities were of no concern? Maui. I feel at peace there.
- What is your favourite part of a rainbow? So many things, the colors, the rain ending, the pot of gold at the end!
- Why do you not forgive your worst enemy? I don’t really feel that I have an enemy.
- How many smiles do you think you could give people in a single day? An infinite amount, you can’t put a number on happiness!
- When will you be famous? Oh, I already am in some circles. Nope, I don’t wish to elaborate.
- Who is your idol? Uhm, Billy?
- Do you dream in colour (do you dream at all?) I often dream, it feels like it’s in color.
- Describe the sensation of falling off the edge of a tall building in a dream. I would never be up there on the edge. I’m pretty afraid of heights. Instead, what if I tell you a recurring dream I sometimes have? I’m in a car that’s driving along a narrow road and comes to a bridge. After we drive onto the bridge, I see that water engulfs the road at the end and as we continue forward, we’ll plunge under water. This is where I wake up! I really would like to know what it means. Does anyone know what it would mean?
- What are the 3 most interesting things about your wardrobe? The cost, the colors, the amount of jewelry 🙂
I was also nominated for the Sunshine Award by Minaxi at Gameplan Happily Ever After Minaxi is adorable and fun (she dyed her hair pink and it’s so cute!) and she’s like my adopted daughter. She and her gorgeous hubby are in NYC right now and she’s been posting about their summer adventures when she can. And here are her questions:
1. Favorite vacation place (which you have been/ in bucket list) so far it’s Hawaii
2. Top of your wish list currently? (can be anything) world peace (very Ms. America, I know. But wouldn’t it be great?)
3. A person/memory/possession you are proud of the most in your life. My family
4. Three qualities that define you (you can list more if you want) likeable, generous, caring
5. One weird fact about yourself It MUST be weird
I have the musical taste of a 10 year old girl. I apologize.
6. What can rebound you from sadness? That makes you feel better on a bad day. Hugs from someone I love, listening to my favorite music, talking things out, chocolate
7. Would you change anything about you? If so what trait? Self-consciousness. It’s a really selfish trait, because if I feel that way I know I’m turning inward and not focusing on the people around me
8. What is the one thing that turns you off totally?
Seeing someone being cruel to another person or living thing — I would have to step in
9. When do you usually write? Like do you have any specific time daily for writing? I don’t have a specific time, I tend to write in short spurts, whenever I can
10. What posts do you wish to see more in blogosphere? I love posts that are humorous
11. All time favorite movie? (more than one is also fine. I understand :D) I love White Christmas and The Holiday, romance and Christmas, nothing better!
I was also nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Minaxi at Gameplan Happily Ever After
1. Thank the person that nominated you and give a link to their blog
2. List the rules.
3. Display the award on your post of the award.
4. List seven facts about yourself.
5. Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
Seven Facts about Me:
1. I don’t cook much, but I watch Food Network like a champ!
2. I love most sports. Right now it’s baseball and watching my Chicago Cubs!
3. I think laughter makes the world go round <3. But love is pretty great, too!
4. I’ve had to give up extreme sports (well, that’s what the doctor said!) because I found out I have a genetic blood clotting disorder and have to take blood thinners. And now I’m lamenting that I never tried skydiving, although the whole fear of heights thing probably would be a problem. So, thanks, mom or dad, for this one, along with my brown hair and eyes and anxiety disorder!
5. I love to travel and we are lucky enough to own a timeshare on Maui
6. My very first job was as a maid at a local motel when I was 15
7. Christmas and the weeks leading up to it is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the smells, the decorations, the lights, the music, the baking, shopping for the perfect presents (usually online) and the movies on The Hallmark Channel. I know, lame…
Here are some of my favorite blogs for you to check out in addition to the ones above and please watch for Part 2 of TMI, the Awards Edition…
Heidi and Linda, The Fabulous Fare Sisters