As if I haven’t overshared enough already, I’m combining some recent awards into another chunk of TMI (too much information).
But rather than nominate other people, I’d just like to list some of my favorite blogs at the end and hope you check them out. Anyone who would like to participate and answer the questions, please feel free to do so… if you’re following my blog, consider yourself nominated!
I was nominated for The Black Cat Blue Sea Award by Serena a lovely and talented young writer who blogs at Serena Joy Sinclair. She is wise beyond her years!
Her questions are:
- What inspires you? The desire to create something, whether it’s writing words or crafting something more tangible.
- What is your favorite book OR who is your favorite author and why? I’m sure there have been many over the years, but one of my current favorites is Kristan Higgins. She writes women’s fiction with a wonderful combination of romance and humor.
- The age old question of cats or dogs? (And why!?) Dogs. I have two right now. They always give unconditional love, lots of kisses and clumps of dog hair. I had cats at one time and they can be sweet, but my youngest son is allergic.
I also recently was nominated by Rob at The V-Pub and Friends Without Borders blogs for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award. Rob is one of the nicest, friendliest and most fun bloggers I’ve met here at Word Press. He’s a talented musician and song writer and if you haven’t checked out his blogs yet, you simply must!
(Copied from Rob’s blog.)
The MakeItUltra Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for quality content, originality and presentation. The intention of this award is to encourage connectivity and support in the blogging community and to increase exposure for individual bloggers.
Rules, rules, rules….
If you have been nominated for the MakeItUltra Blogger Award and choose to accept it, write a blog post about the MakeItUltra Blogger Award in which you:
Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Take a moment to positively promote the person who nominated you.
Display the award on your blog by adding it to your post and/or displaying it using a widget on your page (Save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog post). Don’t forget to use the tag #MyUltraAward when you make your post!
Answer the MakeItUltra Blogger Award questions listed below.
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the MakeItUltra Blogger Award and provide a link for them to your post.
Here are the questions:
What is your name? My name is Diane, but family and some friends call me Dee.
Where are you from? I’m from the western suburbs of Chicago and have always lived in that part of the U. S.
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I started blogging a year ago. I’m a writer by education and I wasn’t working, so I thought blogging would be a good way to try out some book reviews, then my blog evolved into articles and fiction…
What are you most proud of? Well, in relation to my blog, I’m most proud of learning all the computer skills I needed to do this without constantly bothering my kids with questions! My college degree in journalism was a long time ago and I know how to write, but learning the ins and outs of Word Press and creating a blog was very daunting. I was the one asking questions all the time in Blogging 101!
What are your blogging goals? I was going to write book reviews initially. In less than a year, that’s evolved into I’m maybe…probably…going to write a book. Yikes, it still scares me to say that!
How do you spend your free time? I read, write, lunch with friends, clean, cook … no, just kidding on those last two!
Provide 5 random facts about yourself…
I was painfully shy when I was young. Speaking in front of class made me ill. Literally.
I played the flute in the school band. Hated the individual recitals.
I ran track when I was younger, was a basketball cheerleader, played tennis and now have occasional back and knee problems. Go figure, huh?
I am beginning treatment for breast cancer and hate to pass up a story, so I’ll be adding some medical updates on a regular basis to my blog. I know you can hardly wait! 😀 (There will not be boob pictures, sorry) 😉
When I worked at the Chicago area United Way, part of my promotional job was to assist with the filming of NFL TV public service announcements and I met some Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers players. Unfortunately, at that time I’d never watched a football game so they were just a bunch of big cute guys to me…clueless, didn’t even ask for an autograph…
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Bound to Be Me, a young mom of two boys who writes about running and book reviews. Her blog is a lot of fun and very interesting, check it out when you get a chance!
- Thank the blog that nominated you and recognise their blog
- Nominate 5- 10 bloggers you admire by tagging them in a blog post
- Create a blog post answering the 10 questions you were asked by the person who nominated you
- Put a list of the rules in your post
- Give 10 random facts about yourself
- Ask 10 questions for your nominees
- Add the Liebster Award badge to your post/bl
Questions I was Asked to Answer:
- Describe a recently nightmare you’ve had. Do you think it means anything? Funny, I just did this in a different post. I’ll copy it here. I think it means something because I’ve dreamt it several times. I’m in a car that’s driving along a narrow road and comes to a bridge. After we drive onto the bridge, I see that water engulfs the road at the end and as we continue forward, we’ll plunge under water. This is where I wake up!
- What’s a goal you hope to achieve? Write a book that’s worthy of being published
- Regardless of responsibilities, time, money, etc. If you could go anywhere and do anything right this moment, what/where would it be? Maui, swimming and reading by the pool, grilling dinner, enjoying the views, especially if my whole family could be there
- What book would you recommend that is a must read for this summer? If you haven’t read The Host by Stephenie Meyer, I highly recommend it!
- If you could take a pill like in the movie/tv show Limitless, without any negative side effects, what would you do or try to accomplish before the pill stopped working? Remember, you only have 24 hours before the pill wears off. Oh, so many men, so little time 😉
- What is one thing you look for in other blogs before you decide to follow them? I love blogs with a sense of humor and I love people who respond to comments
- If you could travel back in time and give your younger self advice, what time would you travel to and what advice would you give? High school. Take more chances, don’t be so shy
- What is your favorite dish/food you like to make? Hah, not that many! I make dinner reservations really well!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My age, but I’m afraid that ship has sailed 🙂
- If you could ask your pet three things, what would they be? And for those who don’t have pets, same question but if you could ask your house/rental. Why do you eat grass and rabbit poop? How can you sleep like that? (That’s my Elkhound, Inga below) Do you really think I’m not coming back every time I go out?
And there you have it! More than you ever, ever needed to know about me!
Some of my favorite blogs that I wish you’d check out are:
Once Upon A Hot Flash
Inner Ramblings Boulevard
Travels with Choppy