Here are some tips that have worked for me, and we’ve been together a LONG time: that’s us from more than 20 years ago. Aren’t we cute? Yes, really big glasses, lots of hair and always a glass in my hand 😉
- Learn to cook a few things. Apparently it’s important. I guess it’s a nurturing thing.
- Serve dinner late. This is my personal fave as I’m not a great cook. Really hungry guys are just glad to eat.
- Don’t feel you have to win every argument. Usually it’s over something stupid and deep down, you know you’re right anyhow.
- If you don’t like to shop for electronics, sporting goods or cars, don’t expect him to want to go shoe, purse or clothes shopping (unless it’s lingerie). Girlfriends are usually more fun to shop with anyway!
- If he does go shopping with you, make sure to feed him. Every shopping trip at my house revolves around a meal out.
- You going to three action or superhero movies equals him snoozing through one chick flick.
- When he is sick, he will always feel WAY worse than you, even if you have exactly the same illness. You will be able to work, cook, clean, take care of the kids, pay bills, etc. He will be able to lay down and cough occasionally.
- Keep in mind that opposites do attract, and what you found so exciting at first (i.e., his need for speed, for taking chances, the confidence in his opinion) will just be annoying as hell later. I’m only halfway kidding here.
And, you’re welcome…